need advice on college classes

my student advisor said i qualified for comp 1010 but when i got to class the instructor said my compass score wasnt high enough. so should i retake the test (it will cost 20 to retake)or just drop the class and take 3 classes this quarter and then take 5 next quarter and take the comp 1000? my last 2 quarters has 30 credit hrs and this one i have 17 and next will be 19 without the extra class.
not sure if takin less quarter hours affect my tuition or not....
ughh im so frustrated right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If your score really isn't high enough, you're not likely to do well in the course. If your GPA is a priority for you, you might be best off dropping the class for now, regardless of when you'd take your comp class. (most likely you can take it at any time and there may be a term when you don't have enough credits so you could pick it up then). Just be sure that dropping the course doesn't hurt your financial aid package! Good luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would try re-taking the test. I couldn't imagine trying to pass 5 classes while taking care of a family.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Financial aid usually requires at least 12 credit hours. I would retake the test though.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Do you have to take a certain amount of credits to receive financial aid? If not, just take Comp 1000 next quarter and go from there.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 5 classes are really not that bad. I take 18hours/semester which is 6 classes. Good luck!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Will you be able to dedicate enough time to homework and studying? The rule of thumb is three hours a week for every hour you spend in class.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Go back and see your adviser.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would go back and see my advisor.
    Honeybun09

Answer by Honeybun09 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree go back and talk with you advisor, tell him what the teacher said and go from there.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010