Does sex get better the longer you are together?

For us (married almost 5 years now) the sex just keeps getting better and better. We used to have sex 6-7 nights a week, now we are down to 2-4 times a week (2 kids ages 3 years and 5 months). But I get there 3-5 times, and just in general it is SO much better. He knows what I like now, and increases on that knowledge. I'll defiantly trade quantity for quality =-)

I'm just curious if it is that way for most couples.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• DH and I haven't been married that long, only a year and some change, but I'm gonna have to say HECK YES! LOL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I deff think so! Been together 10 years (5yr old son and a baby girl due in just a little over 1 week!!!! )

I deff think quality over quantity!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not in my case....:(
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• DH and I have been together 9 years, married almost 8. Like you said the quanitity has gone down, with two kids and him working two jobs so we can have me stay home with the kids, we are both not up for it everynight. The quality however is WAY better. He is amazing and knows all my buttons. I think the longer you are together the more you know eachother and what you like. You are also more comfortable with the other person and with us we love eachother more now than the day we got married...I think that has A LOT to do with it too.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!! LOL

I'll be married 25 years next month. I'm now 46 years old. Sex has gotten SO much better over the years. It's way better than it was when we were married 5-10 years and WAY WAY better than it was when I was in my early 20's.

I think there are a few factors behind it. I'm more comfortable and secure in my own sexuality. More comfortable with myself and my body. We've been together so long that there is nothing to be embarrassed about and nothing be ashamed of in regards to our desires, our needs, or things we are interested in or want to try. I also think that my husband as he has gotten older, he's more in tune with me, my needs, my body, the differences between us sexually, and he's because of that. He's a more generous lover, more concerned about my pleasure and my needs than his own. We both now understan that there is a balance, we not only need to please ourselves but each other.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sex with us has faded. We may have sex once a month. Though the love is still here.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I also have to say YES YES OOOHHHHHHH YESSSSSS lol. Hubby and I have been married since 1997 and didn't have sex till about a month before we got married (we were together 5 years at that point). Anyway, I have to say that we have taught each other so much over the past 13 years. He knows exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. We have 3 kdis (9 yrs, 5 yrs and 8 months) so we are lucky to have sex once a week. We make sure that we make time for it. We trust each other so much that we are willing to try anything. We know the other won't go any further than what we want to. We also know that if we start something new and one of us wants to stop and says so, that the other will stop and not be upset about it.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 9:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Been with dh 15 yrs and I have to say yes it has gotten better. But not just the sex, the foreplay is awesome and makes sex that much more pleasurable. I look forward to another 15.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes. Been married 7 years. We love trying new things, spicing it up,and usually do it 4x/week at least.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i agree with you op, i take quality over quantity each time
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010