my 3 month old dd is breastfed

and shes always fussy is this normal ? i stay away from certain foods i honestly dont think the breast milk is enough for her... do you think i should stop breastfeeding and just formual feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would do what women call supplement feed...Breastfeed and bottle feed but when you bottle feed make sure that you pump to make sure that your milk supply doesn't dry up. Thats what i did with my 3 babys.. i felt like my kids werent getting enough and so i would supplement feed with formula every other feeding. Good luck mama, dont give up on breastfeeding...its the best thing for your baby !
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ohhhh just keep at it. Seems like formula will just mess with her system. Good luck!
    mmoleader

Answer by mmoleader at 9:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you shouldn't supplement when it comes to BF its all about supply and demand. I'm apart of http://www.cafemom.com/group/325 its a Breastfeeding group great group and helped me out a lot when I 1st started BF my first son.

Gen

Answer by Gen at 9:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with Gen. Join that group, they are a great support system. And have LOTS of advice :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 9:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, supplementing will only decrease your supply. Let's try to find a reason for the fussieness. Can you describe it? is it only when she's eating? Is it only when she's NOT eating? Is she sleeping? Is she spitting up?
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Have you educated yourself on breastfeeding v formula? Why do you think your baby needs more? Most times moms are VERY wrong on assuming baby needs more (remember what ASSuMEmeans). Have you visited a lactation consultant? There are so many questions that need to be answered before anyone can even attempt to answer your ultimate question.  Fill us in so that we may add an educated answer.  Congrats for breastfeeding in the first place mama!!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 10:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• A fussy baby who seems never satisfied? This describes an oversupply situation. Take a look at Oversupply

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's also time for a major growth spurt!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I posted an answer to this question in the BFing group. Hope it helps. Please stick with it. It is sooo hard, but it gets much easier around month 4. I really didn't think I could stick with it, but i am so glad that i did now.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How many diapers are you changing in a 24 hr period? That's a very good indicator of supply. If it's between 6 and 8, then your supply is fine and you may just have a fussy baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010