What was your kids altime favorite b-day party??

We have done the at home parties for ages 1-3 and when he turned 4 he wanted chuck e cheeses. this year he doesnt seem to know what kinda party he wants. If your child absolutely loved something you did for their b-day please share so that i can make this a special one.. i am just not feeling creative. help me out!

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 9:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we did an alien themed party for my son when he was 5 I think...he Loved it- I made a cake and had it in the shape of a rocket...made it all one layer but it was layed ut so that it took up an are the size of a posterboard pretty much, I also made a pin the alien in the ufo game. He STILL talks about that cake and he's 14 as of today :)
    My daughter would probably say her 16th was best-but has loved all her parties (wa always do them at home) the 16th we covered the garage wall with black trash bags and put a black light out there and hung neon swirlies and spread neon confetti on the floor and they went out with glow sticks and danced -they watched Rocky horror with all the prop stuff in goodie bags so they could do everything with it-then they watched Repo the Genetic opera and they all had baby glow sticks (blue) for zydrate. I made a topsy turvy cake that was black red and white and everyone came in costume (movie related)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We usually did the big amusement park for their b-days. But then they still wanted presents. Do you know how much it costs to go to a major amusement park for a family of four? Trying to remember the neighborhood parties we went too. Bouncy houses where popular. Backyard barbeques and games, those parties would go all day and into the night. Pinata's, hope i spelled that right. Petting zoo party with animal rides. Bubble man, who came to the house and did this amazing bubble show. Made bubbles so big the kids could fit inside them. Pumpkin seed the clown came to our house one year for dd. My dd's fav party was a sleep-over party. That was nuts! Water ballon games, booths set up for winning prizes. there is a million things to do. All my dd wants this year is a drivers license for her b-day. Oh thank you Lord!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• one with those bouncy house things
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• For my son's 4th bday we did a carnival theme... rented a bounce house, cotton candy machine, pop corn machine, and snow cone machine. Decorated with color flags and a whole bunch of other things.

mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We've only done home parties so far. My son will turn 5 on his third day of kindergarten so I'm thinking of doing something small but special with just a few good friends.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• LOL my sons 18th. They had music, dancing and a hot tub. At one point he was in the tub with 6 girls. LOL. For little ones For my oldest wanted a 'pirate' birthday. So we decorated like a pirate ship,everyone made a costume. We talked like pirates and played games for the prizes in the treasure chest. Sometimes he still talks about how fun that was..he's 27.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We did an old fashioned at-home party with traditional party games like pin the tail on the donkey, had a big cake and 3 kinds of ice cream, lots of balloons, made crafts, and had fun party favors for our guests ... and this was her all-time favorite! The kids loved it! I loved it too, lots of fun, minimal expense, and low stress!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010