Pregnant with swollen foot..has this ever happened to you?

3rd pregnancy here. Never been much of a sweller upper.
But this time..yeah..its been happening so its new to me.
Now this is just strange, I think.
My left foot and ankle looks like one of those silly balloons a clown blows up to make animals out of ,lol
But my right side is normal.
Has this ever happened to you before?
I think its weird.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/swelling-during-pregnancy/AN01194

Here is a link for you. I'm a nurse, not an alarmist.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Me :) It's normal.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• One leg or foot is swollen and the other isn't? If you haven't injured that foot (like twisting it or something) you need to contact your OB immediately. Swelling that occurs only in one leg can be very serious.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Uh....mine is doing that but it's my right one! this is my third pregnancy too! I think it's lack of circulation.....I've got an apt with my OB on friday and plan to ask him what in the heck is up .....With my first I had swollen feet/ankles, but it was both of them!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• haha- My feet looked like clown feet too!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Me too :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was horribly swollen with my first pregnancy. I only had one pair of shoes I could fit on my feet, and they were those ugly ones with the adjustable buckles. It was so bad, I lost like 26 pounds in the first week after having my son.
    I wasn't swollen with my second pregnancy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thx grnEyedGrandma...I was just trying to find some info on it online, wasn't sure where to look. I'm going to check it out now. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Although mild foot and ankle swelling during pregnancy is normal, extreme swelling during pregnancy can be a red flag. Contact your health care provider if you have:

■Severe or sudden swelling
    ■Swelling in only one leg
    Severe or sudden swelling could be a sign of a serious condition called preeclampsia. Other signs and symptoms of preeclampsia include severe headaches, blurred vision and rapid weight gain. Swelling in only one leg — especially if it's accompanied by pain or tenderness in the calf or thigh — could indicate a blood clot. Both conditions warrant prompt evaluation and treatment.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• GrnEyedGrandma...I posted part of the info on the link that you sent to me just in case anyone else happens to need this info....I appreciate the heads up! I'm going to call up the doctor now.
    Not sure if thats what is going on...but better to be safe than sorry..glad I asked on here!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010