Are there any Atheists that have converted?

To christianity that is....I hear so many that used to be christians and now believe in something else or don't believe at all, so what about the ones that never believed and now do? What made you change your views? Do you know of anyone that has?

BrandyBaby22

Asked by BrandyBaby22 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• doubt too many - usually I hear of the other way around. going from Christianity to atheist or something else.
    unless they marry into it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I started out Christian, although I was pretty lukewarm. By late grade school I was starting to go the way of the world, and by high school I considered myself to be an atheist. I thought I could be a good person all on my own, then I proceeded to let my life go down the toilet. (I am not saying that atheists are not good people - I am just relaying my own experience). I was doing all sorts of bad and dumb things that I will not broadcast here. Within a few years I had lost my job due to my own fault, I'd had to kick out some "friends" who were living with me, stealing from me, and not paying rent. I was about to get kicked out of my apartment. I had a moment of clarity and told God that I realized I had been wrong, and that I knew He existed. I asked Him to get me out of my predicament and promised that I would change. I got the best job I'd ever had at the time and things started getting better. (cont)
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know a few on CM who were atheists and are now Christians. As you said, it usually seems to be the other way around.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• (cont) Still, I was into New Age ideas, sort of picking out whatever appealed to me and blending it in whatever way I liked. I felt a pull to really seek God, but kept putting it off. By my late twenties, I was facing a painful trial in my life that seemed like it would never go away. I was seriously considering throwing myself in front of a train. My mom gave me a book that got through to me, and I prayed and gave my life to Jesus right there in my living room. He lifted me out of my depression, and my life began to change. I remember the first time someone really made fun of me for my beliefs. A friend's husband asked me if I was a born again Christian. I had never thought about it, but knew my answer had to be "yes". He laughed and laughed. I told God that I hadn't expected that. I sensed Him saying to me, "You should have expected it, and get used to it". I will not be silenced. I am under the blood of the Lamb.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm sure there are many, although I don't personally know them.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 9:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I believe there are! That's why its called free will hehe though I have never met any but would like to :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No doubt there are some but it's quite rare. Moving from blind faith to logic makes sense. Abandoning logic in favor of blind faith does not.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There is a young Man who attends our Church who recently gave his testimony. He claimed that before the Missionaries knocked on his door, he was firmly convinced there was no God. I will not get into everything he said, but over the course of a year, his opinion on that changed. He has since been baptised and is a firm believer. I am sure there are many others.

Rhonda, it is not about blind faith. If you don't believe thats fine, but not all of us just beileve...just because. I use logic everyday, yet I am still a Christian.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know any.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know several and they do not meet your criteria, Zoeyis.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010