To circumcise or not to circumcise?

I am expecting a little boy, and I was wondering why I should or should not? What are the facts? Where do I look for the facts and not the fiction of it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO its not really neccessary but its up tp you.
    LisamomofJames

Answer by LisamomofJames at 9:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I vote for should personally. Every case I can think of where they didn't they needed to later, but that's just my personal experience.
    many have success without doing so, but I vote for doing it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My DH was very upset that his mother did not circumcise him at birth. He paid to have it done (just for cosmetic reasons) last year at the age of 29.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• This is a hard decision for many moms. Personally, I don't feel it is necessary, and I don't feel that I have the right to cosmetically alter my child without his consent.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I had my son cercumcised because my husband said it was the better choice... I am sure you can find facts online.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We did not.. For religious/cultural reasons.

This is something that each parent needs to decide for themselves, for their own reasons.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• totally a personal decision. do your research if you are on the fence. he cir. our son, and i am glad. after he healed, it has been pretty easy to maintain.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i would say do it. it is a lot cleaner to do so, and most men are. you dont want him to look around the locker room and feel different, but it is up to you and you hubby. google it. GL!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I honestly think you should ask your doctor or ask your doctor where you can find reliable information about it. You'll get a variety of answers from moms, both why you should and why you shouldn't and I think it will just confuse you more. It's a personal decision and either way you choose you're doing what you feel is best for your son and that's all that matters.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have decided to get my sons done as well. with all the reading I did about the situation it seemed more in favor to get it done. Plus df is circumsized and we didnt want to have to explain not only why he has different parts than his sisters but his father as well. I also feel it would be more hygenic if it was done.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010