If you read the bible daily,do you set aside time or read when the spirit moves you to?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 9:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• each & every morning I read my bible & do a journling our church taught us called S.O.A.P Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer.

Pick a scripture that speaks to you while reading, thats the S

What do you think God is telling you & whats he telling you? Thats the Observation

Make it Personal, in your own words, whats God saying to you now or how it might have related to you in the past, thats Application

Say a prayer asking God to help you, Just to thank him etc. thats Prayer.

I have book marks with the Scriptures on them for each month & each day, Want them Email me.
    faithhopeclan2

Answer by faithhopeclan2 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I read my Bible right before I go to bed. I have found that this gives me the most amount of time to really reflect on what I am reading and what God means. During the day, I would be constantly interrupted and there is no quiet time.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 9:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have 4 children so I have to schedule when I read everyday :) but if the spirit moves me to read before or even after then I will open my bible were ever and start reading :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am not perfect about it because of distraction although that is no excuse ... I try to read atleast 5 days out of the week.. I read alot of Bible Based books, even though I know its not God's Word. My schedule has been somewhat chaotic. I did just finish the book of Romans though, which I really enjoyed. I would like to try and read it more on a daily basis. I am now having my son memorize verses.. His Verse right now is Psalm 112:1
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I try to do it first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I get busy doing other things, and I find it harder to get it done. I also find the day goes much better when I start it with the Lord.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I carry the word around and read it when moved. Most often that is after church, after an outing with my hubby, when I am anxious, and when I take my walks down to the cemetary.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010