Does anyone else notice that the All Free and Clear laundry soap doesn't rinse out very well?

When I use it and hang the clothes up in my apartment to dry they dry all stiff. And I don't use that much soap, I actaully take the lttle cup and measure what the directions say to use.

LisamomofJames

Asked by LisamomofJames at 9:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• All Free and Clear is the only soap I can use and I have never had that problem. Clean out your washer on a regular basis and cut down on the use of your laundry soap using only about 1/2 of what you use and see if that helps at all if not it might be whatever fabric softner you are using if you are hanging up your clothes to dry. I hang everything up so I would know if mine were like that.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I never used All F&C, but I used to use Tide Free and never had any problems with it not rinsing out.

Answer by missanc at 9:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use nothing but All Free and Clear. I've never had an issue. I wonder if your apartment uses a water softner. If they do reduce the soap by half.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I had a problem with powdered soaps it wouldn't all melt in the water and when I pulled my loundry out there would be soap all over.
    What I do anymore is let the washer run a little and then stop it for like 15-30 minutes depending how dirty the cloths is that way it has time to really soak through and then I run it, don't have a problem with soap not washing through anymore.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use All free and clear too. i have never had this issue. i use slightly less than they say on the cup. I agree that if you have a softener it makes it harder to rinse out. that is good advice to use 1/2 if so.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Never had this issue. As others have said it you have soft water or even a HE machine you might want to consider using 1/2 of the recommended amount. Also when was the last time your washing machine was washed? I would it hot water, no clothing, and a few cups of vinegar to be sure it isn't just build up in the washing machine.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh and I've only ever have used to level 1...I never use more then that! I don't know what level you are using.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If your clothes are stiff from hang drying it is not the soap but that you are using to much of it..cut the amount you are using by half and see if it helps
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010