NEED SOME ADVICE....BED REST...

ok so i am 33 weeks pregnant and Doc has put me on bed rest till futher notice( having some issues with my blood pressure) the thing is i have 2 other children ages 5 and 8. They are very energetic children and i really have nobody to help me, my fiancee works full time at night and usually sleeps most of the day, today was my first day home from the hospital and i only got to be in bed for a little less than an hour, i am so wore out but dont know what else to do, i have a house, 2 kids and a dog to take care of...any advice????

whatthefawna

Asked by whatthefawna at 9:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Bless your heart ♥♥♥♥

I do not have much, in the advice department.

I do know, my son was a 32 week baby, and is 17 now, 5'8 and 160lbs.

He wieghed in at 3'5ozs, but did great ♥♥♥♥

I do hope you are going to a good hospital.

You will be in my prayers.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Do you have a friend or family member who could help you out? You may have to rely on your kids to get things done. Blood pressure is nothing to mess around with. Trust me. I've been there. It can get scary fast.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• just go to bed~call in all your ideas for help (craig list dog walker). I'd even call a neat church and ask for help~you need meals, laundry done, someone reading to your kids (or getting them out of the house).

The house can wait, man can bring home food, kids can watch TV if need be....it won't be for long~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was on strict bedrest for 16 weeks. Consider some types of camps, ymca, church groups, something for them to go to keep them busy. If not, then they are at that age where they should be able to do alot for themselves. The older can take care of your pets. My son was born at 36 weeks and we very narrowly escaped a lengthy nicu stay- late term preemies still can have issues so do what you have to do to keep that baby cooking.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There are very few options and I know how tough this economy is right now. If I were you I would ask anyone near me to help out. If you have the option I would hire a babysitter for as much time as possible. If it's not an option for you then I would BEG anyone around me for help because it is SO important that you get that bed rest. Your new baby needs you to be on bed rest so don't be too proud to beg!
    ErinRenee815

Answer by ErinRenee815 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• this is my second time being on bed rest. The first time I was pregnant with my twins and I was on bed rest for 3 months. My kids were 2 and 4 then and it was very difficult. they wanted to run around and obviously the house would get dirty so there was always something I wanted to clean up. It was hard not to but I sometimes had to let the house get dirty. My husband helped as much as he could and unfortunately it was hard not to be active with my kids but it was something that I needed to do. I'm on bed rest again for complications with my pregnancy I'm 31 weeks pregnant and it sucks but I do what I can from the couch, My girls are starting school next month so we're working on a lot of school preping. also coloring and painting. I help as much as I can around the house. I have my husband pull up a chair to the sink so I could wash dishes I fold the laundry and play with my son while I'm sitting down. Good luck to you.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with all the above...But be warned, if the dr thinks you are not doing what he is telling you to do, you might end up in the hospital for your bed rest...I had a friend spend a month in the hospital on strict bed rest...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010