When to start potty training?

My son is now 14 months old. He keeps trying to play in the potty and showing interest in it. I was just wondering if it is too soon to try to potty train him?

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 9:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I clue him in on the potty deal~but for him to be able to do his clothes, read his body signals, and stop what he is doing to go.....might still be early for all that...

I like to wait until their budda belly disappears ~it means their pelvis has grown and the organ have dropped. They can hold their pee longer and feel it all better it seems~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I waited until all mine were 3...They were all trained in a few days...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can start as early as you like. Read this for more info (you don't want to do modern potty training with a baby that young.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010