• In the Spotlight:

Am I being rediculous? My boyfriend usually calls me every day.

I don't live with him but stay with him the days I don't have my daughter. Yesterday, he texted me a few times but no call to tell me how jury duty went. Turns out his ex wife emailed him in the afternoon asking him to be friends again (she left him 2 years ago) & hoping to get his financial advice. I guess it got him all perturbed and he ended up sending her an upset email that night telling her he did not want to be friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• If he is upset by her contacting him then you shouldn't worry. I figure that he must be over it. Just let him know how you are feeling and let him know if he needs to talk to you about anything you are there for him. Just have a little trust that things will work out. He is probably stressed up the a$$ right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• continued...

I felt hurt that I got no call. Then I felt doubly hurt when I found out it was the ex that threw him off and that he didn't even think of calling me after her email. She left over 2 years ago. I just don't know when he is going to get over her. It's all anger - he doesn't act like he wants her. His ego was just hugely bruised because she left him for another man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well I take it that the man she left him for left her or things didn't work out so now she feels and thinks she can pick up where they left off. I'm sure he didn't call you because he didn't want to take any anger out on you, I don't think he wanted to hurt your feelings. Sometimes guys need to figure things out by themselves. I certain that he is over her, but if his ego was hurt that bad then that needs time to heal. Just send him some nice text messages so that he will feel loved and needed. He'll come around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would guess that he didn't call you because, one, he wanted to spare you the drama and upset, and two, he was upset and angry and didn't want to take it out on you. You shouldn't worry about it..just be there for him, let him know you are willing to listen if he wants to talk, and support him as best you can. Be loving and supportive and he'll remember why she is his ex :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Being a divorced woman I can tell you that you BF's anger is not healthy.
    In order to truly move on with your life there should not be any anger at all.
    When you are really over a person, you actually can wish them well.
    My BF was not over his X when I first met him and that really bothered me alot.
    All takes time and everyones time is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2008