How do you define your spirituality?

Since it appears that many believe that a relationship with a god has to be "taught", as we are taught our abc's.... how would you describe your spirituality? How would you describe your relationship with god....knowledgeable, heartfelt, emotional, loving, etc?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMO there is nothing wrong about teaching someone how to have a relationship with God- or any other relationship for that matter. If relationships were so easy then we would never need couples/family counselors. Fact is relationships take time and effort. Even the apostles asked to be taught to pray. So I would describe my spirituality as a journey. I have dedicated the past 10 yrs or so to deepening my relationship with God thru meditation, quiet time, prayer, and study. But this is what works for me.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ever changing, just like my knowledge of any other thing...the older i get the more and better i understand my spirituality. it use to be about doing and rules, but now its about a relationship and an inner-peace. over the years ive learned different ways to get in tune w/ the Divine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Ethereal, pertaining to the mind and intellect.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• how would you describe your spirituality? Eclectic.  OpenAs being strong within myself and knowing that I don't know everything.  But I have touched the Other Side and know things I didn't know before.

How would you describe your relationship with god....knowledgeable, heartfelt, emotional, loving, etc?  Mutual loathing.  Like an abusive spouse, he has NEVER been there for me.  And now, I don't need him or his mythology anymore.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my spirituality has nothing to do with any deity, rather it's a sense of awe and wonder at the beauty and workings of nature, this planet, and the universe, my connection to humanity, joy at pleasures like music, food, and companionship, and gratitude for the people in my life.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i guess I would describe my spirituality as growing. The closer I become to God, the closer I want to be. I have dry spells where He seems so far away, but truly, I'm the one who moved.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My relationship with god is not some thing I was taught it is very different from what I was taught as a child. A relationship with God can not truly be taught it must be felt by the individual.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• how would you describe your spirituality? I'm a transpolytheist - I believe the gods exist as individual Beings, and are a part of the fabric of the Divine Universe just as we are, just as everything is. My spirituality is open, evolving, joyous, earth-based, 

How would you describe your relationship with god....knowledgeable, heartfelt, emotional, loving, etc?

My relationship with my god (Belenos, FTR) is meaningful and loving - he is a source of comfort, grounding, support, encouragement, and joy for me. I have relationships with a few other gods that are also significant, but his is primary in my life. Having a relationship with one or more gods is one way to connect to the Ultimate Divine (which is manifest in every aspect of the Universe, and made up of those parts) - connecting with nature is another way. There are many.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Also... it is NOT what I was taught as a child. I was raised in a fundamentalist style, with home Bible studies and mandatory church attendance. What we were taught was The One Way to believe, and I believed that for a long long time.

I had to unlearn a lot of that - mostly the fear.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Ever changing and ever growing.
    Im taught by the things around me not an actual teacher.
    Its emotional, physical, etc. Thats what my spirituality is to me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010