Is it normal to get so hot while being pregnant , that you feel like your going to get physically ill?

i'm setting right infront of the fan and I can not get cooled off what so ever!!!

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. I ate a TON of ice and ate about 15 popcicles a day. Really. It was like I could only get cool if I started in my stomach. LOL
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have been feeling like that A LOT lately. I am 10 weeks and cant get cool....the hotter I am the sicker it makes me.

And I cant even stand a warm bath, I want it to be cool. My dh cant get in the shower with me anymore right now b/c I cant stand how hot he has the water, and he cant stand how cold my water is.....

HORMONES!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes it's totally normal. You're pumping blood for two now and you're pregnant in the summer time. I feel for you.

I used to take cold showers or run a cold bath and sit in it to cool down. I also drank a lot of ice water. I wanted slurpees really badly but had gestational diabetes so it was out of the question for me, so I blended up some ice with a little bit of water and crystal light powder to make my own. So refreshing.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ive tried a bit of everything but nothing works, takeing a cold shower, eating ice cream(thats my favorite thing to do to try to cool off) . I have to sleep with two fans on me and that still usually isnt enough. my ob about had a hissy fit cause I dont have an air conditioner. If he wants to pay the electric bill it costs to run one of those then I'll use one lmao. I just didnt know if this was normal or not.
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh my, you dont have an air conditioner! YES that would be much much worse.

But I think its totally normal...but watch yourself and make sure you are drinking enough water!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am, every time i go to the doctor he asks me if im drinking lots of water. it's really hard for me too for some reason but i force myself too lol. I try to hang at my moms for most of the day, because she's got central air, but even there, half the time im still too hot.
    prego_jessi

Comment by prego_jessi (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The last 10 weeks of my pregnancy I sweat so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to change my soaked t shirt. It was the middle of the winter in wisconsin: i had only a sheet over me, a fan pointed at me on high, and the thermostst set to 65 degrees.My poor husband had 2 quilts over him shivering!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010