How much is your cell phone bill? How much is it advertised as?

All those taxes, fees, and whatever else add up. We have 2 iPhones with AT&T. I forgot how much the advertised price was, but our monthly bill is nearly $180 for 500 minutes to share, data, and unlimited messages. They're good phones and a reliable network but I think we're being ripped off. How much are you REALLY paying for your phones and what's included? Who is the service provider? I'm thinking a cancellation charge might be worth it if I find something cheaper.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 9:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We pay 200 for three cell phones. Two are droids with data plans and all three have unlimitd texting.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 10:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• just the same..close to 200 a month..we have 3 lines...2 phones and 1 for wireless and we share i think 1200 minutes a month..something like that..ours is AT&T too..it is a big rip off!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have verizon and we also only need 700 minutes. We don't talk a lot. Lol.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 10:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I went to a prepaid phone. I pay no more the 55 a month for my phone. I have unlimited texts, unlimited verizon to verizon phone calls and something else I can't think of...

I do have web access but I hardly ever use it, that is 99 cents a day, only if I use it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you can get a tracfone and only pay twenty bucks and thats good for three months.... you get sixty minutes for that...but you can get codes online to add an extra 30 minutes for free.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• TRACFONE---$19.99 for three months, 160 minutes. I rarely use my phone and refuse to pay more.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have T-mobile and my bill is $101.00. That's why I am going to Straight Talk from Wal-Mart. U can't beat $45.00 unlimited everything.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Excuse me.....120 minutes ,but they add up. I have almost 300 minutes right now. Hehe.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 2 Cell phones: $92 a month w/US Cellular

1000 Anytime minutes. (Shared 1000 total for both phones)
    Unlimited Call Me minutes (all incoming calls are free)
    FREE INCOMING pictures and text.
    OUTGOING Text and Pictures cost us 25 cents per text/picture (We are NOT texters)
    Unlimited Nights And Weekends
    Unlimited/Free Mobile to Mobile (calls to other US Cellular customers are free/unlimited).

Because of our FREE/Unlimited features the only calls that are counted towards our 1000 plan/shared minutes are OUTGOING calls from 6 am to 7 pm Monday-Friday. We use an average of 500 minutes plan/shared minutes because MOST of our calls, fall into the FREE/Unlimited category.

The $92 I sited earlier includes taxes, fees, and the $2-3 dollars we do pay for outgoing text/pictures. It's cheaper for us to pay for the text/pictures like that then to have a text/picture plan, because we really are not texters.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I <3 my Droid too much to get a cheaper phone plan. Lol.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 10:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010