tampon question

Why is it so hard for me to pee when I have a tampon in? Am I the only one with this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• I've never had issues peeing with a tampon in either. I would have to think that the tampon is putting pressure on your urethra, which is making it harder for you to pee. Try a smaller tampon or a different brand and make sure that you are inserting it properly. If none of those options help, I would try switching to a cup or pad instead. You don't want to end up with infections over not being able to pee properly (urinary tract or bladder infections could both be a risk)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Are you sure you have it in properly? I've never had trouble peeing while wearing a tampon.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have never had this problem. U may need to go to the doctor to express your concern.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I only ever had that problem when I was much younger and not using them correctly. Are you sure you're inserting them right?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've never had this either
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you're definitely not putting it in far enough. it should be hitting your cervix in the back of your vagina where there are no nerve endings so you cannot feel it, the urethra (where urine comes out) is much lower than that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I usually change mine every 2 hours and def if I have to pee.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I usually always change tampons when I go pee. Maybe it would be easier for you to remove it and go pee and then replace with a new one.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am thinking...maybe you don't have the tampon up in high enough.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have never had this issue either....I agree that you might not have it in far enough....

Can you feel it when its in?? If so, its not high enough...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010