Any ideas about how to get rid of mice?

I really don't want to use Decon, but I will if it will help. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! I pay way too much to have a mouse problem but my landlord won't do anything because he says we "live in the country".

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 10:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Get yourself to Home Depot and buy those sound detectors that plug in the wall. They come in a pack of 4 (I have one on each level of my house), and they give off a sound that mice (as well as spiders, bugs, etc.) hear and they can't stand it, so they don't come in........I got these things for my house over a year ago, and my mouse problem went away! Black and Decker makes them....Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• THey have those traps that catch them live.............or you could put peanut butter in one of those old fashioned mouse traps...gets them every time...gotta do what ya gotta do.....don't want mice in your house near children.....they are disease carriers.So don't feel guilty.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Could get yourself a cat too. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Kill em..Kill em all dead! LOL..:)
    You can have one of our cats...I have 3 more kittens to get rid of!
    LOL
    Okay..On the serious side...we live in the country too. Field mice are a problem. Just all kinds of mice are a problem..but never see one in our house. We have a barn cat and a an indoor/outdoor cat that is a great mouser. It works very well for us.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We just had the same problem with my daughter's house. I had an exterminator come over and check it out. Thankfully, he went and called me at the house. He said that instead of doing it himself, he would tell me what needed to be done so that it wouldn't cost us anything. He told us exactly where they were getting in at, he told us to silicone those holes so the mice could not get in. They we just needed to kill the mice in the house. We used both glue traps and poison. She had about 5-6 in the house. It was just a matter of finding the dead ones. No more mice.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Five cats!! LOL Okay, seriously, if you want to trap them "humanely", buy the Mouse Hotel. I believe it's a DeCon product. "The mouse goes, but doesn't come out".
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What really works is peanut butter! Buy a few traps (they do not cost too much) and put just enough on there to smell it. You will catch them so fast you can reset and use them! My friend had a mice problem and it worked like a charm.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• mouse traps??
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thanks guys! I have a cat, he is just fat and lazy and has never caught a mouse. I will buy some traps and see how it goes...and buy those sound things too!
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010