Do your kids read books in the summer for fun?

I am so proud of my son!!! He is 6 and has read 65 books so far this summer!!!!

I love that he loves to read!!!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 10:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• HOLY MOSES! LOL..THATS AWESOME!
    My son is 10 and sad to say..the only thing that kid will read for "fun" is cheat codes for his Wii Batman Game on the internet,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My dd reads every morning when I help her with her hair, lol it keeps her from saying "ouch' so often lol And then she will read her animal books alot.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• kimberly....THAT is totally counted as reading!!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son didn't, but when Harry Potter came out I convinced him to let me read it TO him! I would try to get him interested in ANYTHING to read, but never quite got it figured out. He's 19 and he reads for pleasure NOW.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, my oldest son (12) always has 2 or 3 books on the go, we always buy him books for his birthday and Christmas gifts, and he loves the library. My middle son (7) is a reader too, he likes to read my older son's books he read at that age as well as stuff from the library. My youngest son is just 4, but he loves to look at and "read" books and to be read to. I don't keep track of how many books the boys read, but if we're going to be in the car for longer than 5 or 10 minutes, they make sure to bring along a book to read.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• she is reading, every day..she signed up thru the library for a summer reading program..every week she goes back and gets a sticker..LOL..shes 6. and she loves it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes. We go to the library every other week, and they both haul home as many books as they can carry. (That's the rule -- Mama doesn't carry their books!) And they devour those books. My younger child alternates between reading to himself and having me read to him, but my older child almost lives in her bedroom with her nose in a book, the thicker the better.

I love it. :)
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes he does. I require a certain amount of time each day, but he usually sits and reads 2-3 times instead of just once.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes, my daughter does the summer reading program every year with the local library. We visit a couple of times a week to keep her stocked up on reading materials.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Mine read everyday :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010