Road trip ideas to keep 2 yr old occupied for 14hours?

We have a dvd player and a box of secret goodies (little toys, stickers, etc..) Any other ideas?

lilmansmom13

Asked by lilmansmom13 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Travel

• When ours were small and we had a long drive one of us would sleep during the day, the other stay up with kids. We would leave about 10 pm. They would sleep the majority of the way.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Seems like you got a lot of good things, Does your 2 year old have a favorite blanket, pillow, or toy(doll) or teddybear. Cup or book?
    My grand daughters loves books and snack mix.
    faithhopeclan2

Answer by faithhopeclan2 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• maybe a camera so he c an capture his own pictures!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• don't forget the snacks and music that they like...other then that sounds like you have it covered.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Leave very early in the morning- like 4 or 5 AM, they'll sleep for about 3 hours then. Stop and get breakfast and the trip will be just starting as far as they're concerned. Stop again mid-morning for potty and running around. Snack, lunch, potty, running around, snack, games.

Buy a bunch of inexpensive toys and wrap them firmly so that it takes a few minutes to unwrap them, and hand them out as the trip progresses. Plenty of stops to run around.

Answer by Bmat at 11:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Favorite toys, new toys and sticker books are always fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• A few years ago, I road tripped with my 2 year old from Florida to Ohio, just me & him. I had his favorite music, some books on tape, coloring books, his favorite toys, and plenty of snacks. We didn't have a dvd player or travel video game (I was single and broke) but he didn't make a fuss and the trip (to and from) was enjoyable. I doubt he even remembers making that trip because of his age and the number of time since we've made that trip, but I remember it and he slept a good amount of the time. Cars just put kids to sleep! lol Have a good trip and here are some printable games you can take to play along the way: http://homeschooling.about.com/cs/unitssubjhol/a/roadtrips.htm?nl=1.
    Mommy22boys

Answer by Mommy22boys at 7:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010