All 3 of my children are throwing up and having diarreah!

It started with my 3 year old the night before last with the vomiting and she hasn't since but she started with diarreah yesterday at 5pm she's had diarreah about 5 times since yesterday. My other kids were fine we even went to the pool, as soon as we got out the pool. My 5 year old threw up, we got back and gave her applesauce and gatorade then 10 mins later she threw up again. Same with my son. I gave him gerber like 10 mins after we got out the pool and 5 mins after he threw up. I thought that it could have been the water from the pool but my son drank little to none. My 3 year old hasn't thrown up though and they were all in the pool I was thinking that it could also be the heat because it's really hot or it could be that my 3 year old got them sick but wouldn't my husband and I also be sick?! What could this be?!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 10:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• http://www.ehow.com/facts_5142395_intestinal-virus-symptoms.html                     and just so you know...there were many times my children were ill like this...and I never got it. But of course sometimes we did. Just how it is.

Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sounds like an intestinal virus......no milk cheese ect... give everyone clear liquids..most times this kind of thing is over in twenty four hours.............I have gone through this type of thing a hundred million times with my kids.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My Dr. used to say to me.....call me when something exciting happens...so as long as they are getting fluids in and it doesn't last a long time... I wouldn't worry too much. If anything out of the ordinary happens...then I would be concerned.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• thank you so much! Yeah I called the nurse advice line and they said to care for them at home. Hopefully it'll pass soon I hate when there sick!
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I hope they get better for you soon too.. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010