Foster child...

My mom is getting my 13 year old cousin as a foster child, she will be here tonight. Its an emergency placement and I was wondering how to make the transition easier on everyone...any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just be very welcoming, and inviting. But don't crowd them too much...ya know?
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd say tonight make it nice and quiet. And try to let her know the routine (routine is so important for us all) so she knows when she is allowed to relax and when she should help out, and so on.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• bump
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• everyone like who? I'm asking because if you have other family member there you can introduce her as family, Also depending on the age, I was a foster kid for 13 years. There were a few foster homes where I went to where they didn't do a very good job with intorducing into the home and there was tention. I would spend all day in my room and wouldn't feel very comfortable. there were a few where we would have a house meeting and all the other kids would say stuff about themselves and we would all introduce ourselves and my foster mom would take us on an outing or would have the other foster kids take us around the block or to the store to show the area and break the ice. Just try to meet your cousins needs and def set rules from day one.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010