What is the best HEALTHY way to lose the belly fat?

Oh the belly fat! Forget liposuction and crazy crash diets. And I'm not clicking on that ad to find out "the one rule" for a flat stomach lol!! Now that I am back in shape, how do I lose these persistant last few pounds around my middle?!?

Hit me with ideas mamas!! Thanks!! :o)

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 10:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• a no carb diet is the only thing thats ever worked for me to get rid of the belly fat. and by no carbs i mean no bad, refined carbs. no pasta chips bread cookies, etc. - veggies & fruits are fine.
    i also take mega-t green tea pills, they work great.
    and obviously lots of ab exercises, and you should do lots cardio too because that is fat that you need to burn.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• working out! Do lots of ab workout about 3 times a week to keep your muscles contracting. so every other day. Good luck. You can look up a few videos on youtube so you can do them right, I heard the fitness ball also works!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• before i got pregnant. I was just doing crunches, increasing the number of them gradually. not full blown set ups but crunches, with in a few weeks, my stomach was almost flat.
    prego_jessi

Answer by prego_jessi at 10:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• a combination of exercise and low fat, high protein diet.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have wondered the same thing for the past few years!! I finally have gotten myself into an exercise routine and it is helping. I was doing 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week for about 3 weeks and this week have moved on the the 30 Day Challenge on my wii Active. I am now doing other activity that is engaging more muscles and I think I am noticing a difference. I don't know that I could cut out carbs, but I can cut back. I also drink a lot of water and Yoli ~ for extra flavor, vitamins and minerals.
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 10:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Cardio cardio cardio! Also pilates and yoga help strengthen your core muscles. GL!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Crunches
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010