Can my ex husband stop me from moving out of state with our daughter to be with my military husband??

My ex husband already agreed in court to allow the move to Mississippi with my daughter to be with my soon to be husband (we are getting married as soon as he returns from afghanistan in a couple weeks), But now he is no longer in the military himself so hes back in Michigan & Im worried he might try to keep me & my daughter in Michigan now. Can he do this? What are the chances a judge will change his mind & make us stay after already approving the move?

liviasmommy08

Asked by liviasmommy08 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• slim to none- being that he already agreed he cant just up and change his mind- was the order approved by a judge?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with lovely.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• he has agreed and cant do anything about it uless he takes it back to court witch i dont think he would win
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think you might run into a problem.............If you share custody, he has the right to request that his child is not to be taken out of state. Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, The judge approved it. Im just concernd because at the time of the divorce my ex husband was also in the military & stationed in Va. Now that he is back in Michigan Im thinking he may try to keep us here. We are only 2 weeks from moving now & we already have our apartmen & everything. :( I dont have any problems agreeing to summer visitations or holidays.
    liviasmommy08

Comment by liviasmommy08 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• well i live in mi but a year ago we moved to az and they said that i had to come back so there is no telling
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• He'd have to have a VERY good reason for a lawyer to even consider putting in a motion to change the order. What's done is done, he's agreed to it already, I wouldn't worry about it hun. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• DeeMarie, They made you move away from your military husband to come back? Or you just moved away?
    liviasmommy08

Comment by liviasmommy08 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• idk but heres a bump
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Im sorry, What does bump mean? lol.
    liviasmommy08

Comment by liviasmommy08 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010