How is asking a question about something you said, gotcha journalism?

Katie-over the weeked governor Palin you said that the US should absolutely launch cross border attacks on afganistan to Pakistan "to stop the terrorist from coming any further". now that's almost the exact position that barack Obama has taken and that you said senator mcCain have critize saying that that is something that you do not say aloud. Governor Palin are you two on the same page?
Palin- we talked about what it is that American should be doing together to make sure that the terrorist do not cross borders and put themselves in a position to attack America or her allies and we will do what we have to do to secure the united states of America and her allies.
Katie- Is that something that should not be said out loud senator McCain?
Mccain-ofcourse not but I understand these days gotcha journalism.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 2:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It is ridiculous! Maybe we the voters should be cramming to learn what questions she has the answers to instead of her cramming to learn the answers to our quesitons. It was crazy that she even had to bring McCain on with her as if she went home and brought daddy back to discuss with the principal what the bullies have been doing to her.
    luvnunity

Answer by luvnunity at 12:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's not. She should be a hoot to watch this Thursday.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yeah, that was ridiculous. The person who asked her a question was a college student - a VOTER. If she can't answer a question to a voter, who CAN she answer questions to?
    Every SINGLE thing she's said, where people found issue with, is being blamed on the person who ASKED the question. That's just ridiculous.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Apparently "gotcha journalism" is when an interviewer asks a question that she can't answer. I agree, the debate should be very interesting.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 2:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• someone answering to another question was right all she has to do is show up. biden will have every word , action and facial expression picked apart no matter how informative he is and all she has to do is show up to win..... what a joke
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I did not see this and I appreciate your question. Job interviews are tough, I didn't know you could blame the interviewer. Interesting new concept.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• "I did not see this and I appreciate your question. Job interviews are tough, I didn't know you could blame the interviewer. Interesting new concept. "

I call it the palin concept. if I don't know the answer to it. You can ask me. she is a joke.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008