how can i get my 2 year old little girl to sleep in her own bed when we shear a room.

she keeps getting in to my bed and when i send her back she has a fit.
HELP Mom needs a good night sleep with out moving a little person 4 times a nite back inti her own bed

tmerry1019

Asked by tmerry1019 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Repetition, repetition, repetition or find out why she's awaking. Since you've posted in the 1-2 category, could she be teething? Cold? Wet? It takes a while for things to become routine, but they eventually will if you are consistent. Good luck!

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Make her bed really nice- with her "own" sheets and blanket, a nice doll, not too many, spray some febreze on it in the morning, and talk about it all day. Say tonight is the night we are starting our new bedtime routine/. After bathtime/ brushing our teeth, we are gonna read on the couch or in bed/ wherever then you'll go to your big girl bed.

txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What about letting her fall asleep with you but wake up in her bed? She needs to feel safe and comfy so maybe moving her after her eyes are shut isn't such a bad idea, after all, she see's it as a room you share so that new bed that is just hers isn't a concept yet. You will get her there!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 12:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• She just might not be ready. Don't push it if she's not. I waited til my DD asked for her own bed. She helped me pick it and the sheets. Keep her bed next to yours and hold her hand or comfort her so she knows that her own bed doesn't mean seclusion. As others said, make it a routine and talk about it. DD still talks about her routine every night. She says she needs 2 na-nas in the big bed, then decides if she should roll or jump to her little bed, then sleeps til Daddy gets up for work in the morning and can come back to the big bed for more na-na. Be gentle and understanding.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We just got dd into her own bed this week! He's 2 1/2yrs. We put her to nap every day for 2 wks then started at night. Now she sleeps there! We also made sure she had her own blanket ( I made for her), Elmo, and her own sheets.
    babyblue21

Answer by babyblue21 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010