What was the highlight of your day??

My husband is a chinook pilot. When he was finishing his training the boys and I were in transition of moving, getting settled in, etc. So I wasn't able to make it the graduation and family events with him. I think he was the only one in his class to not have any family there. So tonight, he did a flight plan. And he flew the crew into our little tiny town, that my family is from. Which means, to any military family, AWESOME. He didn't have any family at Ft Rucker, but he had his own Family Day here in PA. My parents were there, along with my one set of grandparents, brother and his family (needless to say my nephew was beyond thrilled to see the biggest of the helicopters!), and oddly enough an old teacher of mine who is a flight instructor just happened to be there. Today was one of the best days of my life. It makes me proud of him and proud to be a military family!!!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 11:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, I live in Enterprise, right beside Ft. Rucker! Glad ya'll had such a great time together!

The highlight of my day was when my daughter had smeared my makeup all over her face and asked me, "Mommie, do I look beautiful?"...I had to hold back the laughter!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my dh did the dishes i thought he must of been sick or something i had to chec hes forehead LOL
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I bet you are proud! How neat!

My best highlight today was when my kids played so well with the other kids at the park ...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh wow,,,,so amazing and so exciting. My day, I got my amazing big cup of coffee before work. Really, we cant compare to your day ever! So glad you shared this with us though. What an amazing and proud day you had hon!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm very happy for you!
    The highlight of my day was when my 16 month old daughter wrapped her little arms around my neck and gave me the biggest hug.
    butterfly227

Answer by butterfly227 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• DH and I took our son to a pool party this evening. He used to be terribly afraid of a pool, but he's overcome it now! He had such a great time and so did we! Swimming for my son is a challenge with his autism, because it's something he doesn't usually do, but he did tonight! My son ROCKS!!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wow, to The Kimmers.....yeah, he finished down there and with a new baby and just moving into a house where I am from...and other family reasons ( I had a very ill grandpa, the one who was there tonight ) we just decided me not going back to Ft Rucker was best. I liked it there, for the temporary time we were there. We lived in Ozarkand enjoyed it. Crazy to have a comment from anyone who even knows where Ft Rucker is LOL Small world sometimes.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010