Tell the truth; Would You Get Mad If Someone Disciplined Your Child

You left your child with a baby sitter and when you arrived, your child was punished by not allowing him/her to play. Would you get angry if the punishment was legitimate?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 11:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Nope. After a period of time of knowing people I think it is okay for them to correct my children. My 23 month old, is well 23 months LOL and when he does something innappropriate that I don't catch, anyone we attend church with (we are there 2x a week) knows they can correct him. As well as at a playgroup we attend. Now, if I have a babysitter, I have that person for a reason and that means I trust their judgement, which means they can discipline and I back them up.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• depends on what they were doing..
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• depends on who the babysitter was and what my kid did
    i would perfer they called me and asked what i thought they should do
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not if the punishment was appropriate for the behavior. No spanking allowed by non-family members...
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 11:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yeah, I thought you meant spanked and that's a big NO.... But if not allowed to play, I'd ask why and if it was a 3 minute time out or if they had been sitting there an hour. Makes a difference. If it's legit, fine. If not, we'd need to talk & clarify what is expected. I would want to be informed of ANY discipline during the stay, regardless of when it was.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ummm no....Anytime anyone watches my kids I let them know that if there not listening they can be put on the wall for the same amount as there age....so my 5 year old 5 minutes. my 3 year old 3 minutes and I also let them know the rules, just in case my kids try to take advantage and try to break the rules they can be disciplines. OF course if it was physical discipline I would be furious!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• lol i thought u meant spanked at first and i was gonna put HELL YES I WOULD BE MAD! lol but just a time out or not letting them play- depending on the offense, if the punishment fit the crime then i would be fine with it
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If it was an adult babysitter then no. My neighbor tried to discipline my son once and he spanked him, I frickin lost it on my neighbor!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Depends. If I left my child with a sitter, it would be with the trust knowing they could take care of these things. SO yeah he probably needed the time out.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010