Have you ever had a child with the worms

When I was a child my dad use to say, " you are going to get the worms." I never thought it were true until I saw one of my babies with the worms. It grossed me out! How did you feel?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 11:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd came home from China with roundworm. The first screening didn't catch it and we didn't find out until she coughed one up. It completely freaked me out. But, we took her to the doctor right away, and the treatment was very easy.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ive heard of it but never seen it. my daughter loves the dirt so im sure it will happen. lol
    allykins165

Answer by allykins165 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My kids never had "the worms". But we DO live in a city. Which "worm" are you talking about?
    Holy cow, i would have a fit if they did.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• none of my kids have gotten them, but as a hazard of being a young kid living near the woods, I remember my brother and me getting pinworms as a kid. GROSS I know LOL but it's not really a big deal. It happens.

My son has had ringworm (got it from daycare) but that's not really a worm, it's a fungal infection.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Has never happened to me though my cat has had worms which was pretty gross. It is icky, but it's also just life. There are several countries (Sri Lanka comes to mind) where people just have worms, it's just how it is. We are lucky to live here where it is uncommon and always immediately taken care of.

FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My kids play with earthworms :)

But no they've never had tapeworms thankfully.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There are several different kinds of worms kids can get. It used to be more common for kids to get worms. Kids used to be tested by putting Scotch tape over their anus over night and then the lab would look at the tape for eggs. I was a medical lab tech in the 1970s and we used to do this test.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/children/parents/common/stomach/139.html

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, but I remember when I was really little and I picked my nose and ate it (totally gross, I know) and my mom said I would get worms if I did that and they would be in my butt. That pretty much stopped me from doing that right away.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010