Potty

My daughter is 16 months old and we want to start introducing her to the potty. Not really get her trying yet, just so it is not such a scary thing for her (she does not like much change). What are some good potty training books for little girls?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 11:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• idk abot books but we used to give 1 M&m for each pee pee and 2 for a poop lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The Potty Book I think it's called it has a little flusher sound in it and the kid flushes it throughout. Its a board book and comes in girl and boy varieties.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can find oodles of baby board books about learning to use the potty at the library.  One that I actually bought for my son is Once Upon A Potty.  They make it in a boy version and a girl version.  There is a video, also.   

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• try keeping her potty chair around let her play around and sit on it if she wants just so she gets used to it. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My daughter is 2 1/2 and still not interested in the potty. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:55 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I never used books or charts. Just kid books that had pics of other kids on their potties. I became familiar with the times of day DD usually had to potty or the sounds and signs she gave when she had to. Then I just got DD hyped up about using it at those times and PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE. She was out of diapers by 21 months. She now uses a stick to turn on the bathroom light, puts her stool next to the toilet, and sets her soft seat on it. Make it interesting and make her feel proud :)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010