riding a bike...when did your child start riding one? and

how long did he learn to balance it? what kind of bike did you get? how much do you think is acceptable price? Where did you go riding? Does he also bring it to school during school days?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine began with little toys to ride. I bought the actual bicycles around age 3 with training wheels and we had to help for a bit.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• All 3 of my kids had bikes with training wheels when they were 3. My oldest (he's 8) just started this summer riding without training wheels.....it took him one or two tries to not fall over and he refused help. My daughter (she's 5) saw her big brother do it so she decided to also......she also refused help and got the hang of it right away. My middle son (he's 7) started right after my daughter......it was a she can do it, so can I thing......he refused help and had no problems with it :) They don't take them to school, they're not allowed. We spent $70-$90 on their bikes. Both of my boys have Mongoose bikes and my daughter has a Princess bike.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son was riding a bike with training wheels around 2 1/2.. we're just now starting to work on getting rid of the training wheels and he's 5.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• DD had a trike at 2 a real bike (14 inch) when she was 31/2, learned with no training wheels when she was 5, and last summer(when she was 6) we got her a new bike, 18inch one, and yes she did ride it to school ( with me beside her) But where we live the street is great for bike riding, low traffic, and there are trails around that we go on. DS had a bike when he was 21/2 and learned to ride with no training wheels just after his 4th bday, (last summer) and we got him a new bike the same time as his sister got one. They were $110 and $89 I think.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My DD was riding a bike with training wheels when she turned two.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2010