ugh men! ok so do u hold ur child (1 yr old) all day?

ok so my 1 yr old loves playing with his 3 older brothers (6yrs, almost 5yrs, and 3yrs) and if i hold him he will wiggle and squirm because he wants to be where the action is- with his older brothers! well my husband is sooo paranoid thinking he is going to get hurt (which i try my best to not let happen but i cant be EVERYWHERE all the time!) well anyway, my husband is trying to go to sleep and my 1 yr old is awake right now as is my 3 yr old and he wants me to hold my 1 yr old who doesn't want to be held and i'm like why dont u try and hold him and see what happens! this man swears like its easy to hold him on ur lap out of trouble all day! ugh what do u think i can hit him with that will hurt without leaving a mark so he can go to work tomorrow? lol jk jk but hes really getting on my nerves with telling me how to watch the kids when he doesnt do anything to help!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd tell him if you think you can hold him all day and keep him safe then "go for it" hand him the child and walk away....and let him take over parenting for the day and see what it is really like!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• lol no way kids will be kids
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• At a year old they are just learning that "freedom" trying to hold them to prevent them from getting hurt is just stupid IMO.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No one year old I've ever met wanted to be held all day. And kids get hurt sometimes. My daughter just slipped and hit her head on our patio today :( It sucks, no one wants their child to be hurt, but it's inevitable, it's going to happen and that's how they learn.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can always hit him with a sock filled with rocks lol. Maybe let him spend all day and see how "easy" it is to hold a 1 year old all day.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2010