Bug bites or something else?

my daughter has a few bug bites in her diaper area. since she has gotten them, some have gotten worse, and opened up. Could this be the heat, or her picking at them? They really hurt her, I'm calling the doctor tomorrow. But I need some insight as to what it might be. ??

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• Try a anti-fungal creme. I thought my daughter had bug bites down there before, until the opened up and starting to bleed and took her right to the doctor.. and she just had a fungus. Happens to a lot to kids, especially in the summer when it's hot out.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My youngest swells up and we have to keep a bottle of prednisone on hand for her. You probably can give her some benadryl tonight, call your doc on the 24 hour line if she's still really little.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh poor baby
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You need to see what kind of bites these are. Does she wake up with them? Maybe bed bugs?
    AngylJen

Answer by AngylJen at 12:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010