What can I do in this relationship

A member of our extended family tends to be standoffish and a bit rude. I don't have to spend many days with this person but definately can sense the tension. Should I make an effort to find out what makes this person tick or wipe my feet & walk on?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 11:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I just laugh at them and if they really try to get my goat I tell them I love them and walk away. That confuses them and they can't argue with it! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Depends. Do you want to help this person, or are you just curious? My MIL is like this, and it is just the way she is. When I try to talk to her about it, she gets defensive and mean. I chose to have nothing to do with her.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If they dont put the effort in i say leave it alone,,,,btw my name is danielle too =)
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you really want to know then ask her, if it don't really bother you then just let it go, JMO
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would just try to strike up a conversation with them, but that's because I like seeing what makes people tick and it feels like I've accomplished something if I can bring someone out of their shell lol. It all depends on how you feel about this person. If you want to break the tension, start talking to them about neutral topics, (weather, kids, compliment them, etc.) and see if they warm up to you. If you're fine with the way things are though, then just accept it for what it is. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010