how do you feel about incest/abortion?

Couric: If a 15-year-old is raped by her father, do you believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion, and why?

Palin: I am pro-life. And I'm unapologetic in my position that I am pro-life. And I understand there are good people on both sides of the abortion debate. In fact, good people in my own family have differing views on abortion, and when it should be allowed. Do I respect people's opinions on this. Now, I would counsel to choose life. I would also like to see a culture of life in this country. But I would also like to take it one step further. Not just saying I am pro-life and I want fewer and fewer abortions in this country, but I want them, those women who find themselves in circumstances that are absolutely less than ideal, for them to be supported, and adoptions made easier.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 2:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion is a personal choice and should be kept that way. For myself with 3 children i would have never had an abortion and that was my choice. It not be business to push people into seeing pro-choice just as i don't want hasseled about pro life. They stand on the street with horrifying pictures, spewing and condeming the pro-choicers. We dont have to answer to these people who feel they can judge others... we only have 1 person to answer to in the end so please pro-lifers you have to answer to him for condeming and judging us
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Couric: But ideally, you think it should be illegal for a girl who was raped or the victim of incest to get an abortion?

Palin: I'm saying that, personally, I would counsel the person to choose life, despite horrific, horrific circumstances that this person would find themselves in
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• No one is even talking about over turning Roe vs. Wade, so why are you asking if it should be "illegal" for someone to terminate any rape baby, incest or not.
    What your talking about is Sarah Palin's personal belief's and convictions, and hinting that she would turn them into law. I respect that she stands by and lives her personal convictions, I think it says much about her that she chose to have her baby even though he was going to have challenges.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• No, I don't think someone should be forced to give birth to a baby under any cercumstances. How ever I don't think it's right to have a doctor kill a baby who would more than likely LIVE out side of the womb. I think the youngest babies born who have lived with medical intervention are as young as 18-20 weeks. Before you start bashing on medical intervention, many people wouldn't survive without medical intervention so denying it to a baby is wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• How ever I don't think it's right to have a doctor kill a baby who would more than likely LIVE out side of the womb. I think the youngest babies born who have lived with medical intervention are as young as 18-20 weeks. Before you start bashing on medical intervention, many people wouldn't survive without medical intervention so denying it to a baby is wrong.

what does this have to do with what katie asked her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's a personal choice, ESPECIALLY IN RAPE AND INCEST CASES. Most women don't think about that and don't want to...what would you do if your daughter was raped by her father and she became pregnant? IT HAPPENS, PEOPLE. Could you just stand by her and say "Daughter, you must have this baby, even though it is painful for you and will cause massive psychological damage to you and the child."

Think about it. Hard.
    Anonymous

• Is this why Palin is cited and not McCain? If elected Palin won't be the president.
    no I cited Palin because many people here have talk about how she feels about the issues. and about her interviews. That was from her last interview. and while I don't like Palin I like to be informed and make decisions based on what the candidates do or say and not on what others say they said. This came from her so I know is true. I rather know the truth and tell the truth then vote or not vote for her based on mis information. I actually think that after Mccain spoke and Palin was alone doing the interview she did a pretty good job. better than any other interview. and if they win there is a posibility that she will be come president just like with any other VP. Also I would like to think that the VP chosen by a candidate has some say in what is done.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• In the case of rape or incest I fully believe that a woman should have the right to choose abortion. Sometimes no amount of counseling can help how they feel. No counseling can help a woman deal with the fact that she thinks there is an alien growing in her body. I say alien because that is how some of these women feel. That something created from hate and complete disregard for another human being can't possibly be human. People just don't know. I've listened to groups of women who have aborted because of rape and/or incest. You don't know the horrible, horrible things they had to live through. I've heard women that couldn't bear the thought of a fetus growing enough for them to feel it. Because then they would feel raped all over again. You just don't know.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am pro-choice because I am not all knowing. I do not know what other people's situations are therefore I am not qualified to make a decision for anyone else.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2008