How do you deal with clutter?

bigmama02071977

Asked by bigmama02071977 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Always picking up! Lots of storage bins- lots of organization that goes on, all day long :(
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• grandmaI don't. I hate clutter. I guess I'm pretty organized, because nothing stays put for too long! The only thing that is a mess right now is my car, because the grandkids were in there today!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I box it all up then I put it in storage, either in a closet, garage, etc - and give it two months. If no one, including myself, hasn't gone through said boxes to retrieve items or it hasn't been used, I go through it again and either toss them or donate them.
    I can't stand clutter, it makes me slowly go insane.

If it's paperwork, I try and scan it, and zip file them then shred the paperwork. Or I scan them and put them away if they're super important.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yard sale, salvation army, trash, I have had it with clutter I'm so sick of it, I have been cleaning my house and garage, getting rid of everything I want it clean and organized by fall

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We donate or give away or throw stuff out.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• ummm.... when you find the secret let me know lol. my life is nothing but clutter!
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Lol when I start to feel like I'm going to pull my hair out, I start throwing crap away! Clutter drives me nuts but it's totally my fault that it gets there in the first place because I look at everything in a sentimental way lol. When I get fed up enough (usually happens every couple of weeks or so) I just take everything for what it is (stuff) and throw out what we really don't need to hold on to and put the important things somewhere safe. GL!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I get rid of things constantly! I dislike clutter. Have you ever watched that show Hoarders? Well, whatever is wrong in their brain I have the opposite problem! Sometimes I toss things I need or would've used.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I dont have clutter, every six months i go through the closests, drawers etc and if we have not used it in the past year, or is does not have a symbolic meaning we throw it out or sell it on craigslist
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 1:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I get rid of it. Clutter is still clutter even if you "organize" it. Everything has to have a place and a purpose, or it doesn't belong in my house. If you pick up an object, ask yourself "Do I need to keep it for taxes" or "Have I used this in the past 6 months (or year)" or "will this enrich my life in a positive way". If the answer is no, put it in a box or bag and get it out of your house. If you don't, clutter has a habit of multiplying and soon you'll be overwhelmed.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010