Can Meg kiss her campaign goodbye?

In her newest ads and billboards, California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman says NO to Arizona's AB 1070.

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_15507680

With that, she may have handed the keys to the Governor's mansion back to Jerry Brown. Not that he'll likely live there.

Thoughts?

Asked by gdiamante at 12:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• gdiamante

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Before the preliminary election, there was a TV ad running stating that Meg would NOT endorse a similar bill for the state of CA, and that did not seem to have much effect on the outcome of that election. I think her support base is wide enough to bridge any conservative losses. Whole lot of immigrants from our southern neighbor residing in CA. I can not imagine moonbeam will pull off being both the youngest and oldest Gov elected in CA.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I haven't followed Meg Whitman as a politician, but I did meet her at an ebay convention a few years ago. She was very professional and polite. I'm happy to see that more women are participating in politics lately.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Who knows, I thought Cali was against it...depends on her constitutients

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

^^^^^This!^^^^^
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Brown is a disaster and I think that has more bearing. Those who remember or have relatives, friends, or acquaintenences who remember his last stint will spread the word. I may be a registered (D) but that means very little--I do not support Brown the Clown.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• WOw...I am glad I don't live in California. And I am glad I am not a Conservative.... it must suck.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010