how do you feel about the morning after pill?

Couric: Some people have credited the morning-after pill for decreasing the number of abortions. How do you feel about the morning-after pill?

Palin: Well, I am all for contraception. And I am all for preventative measures that are legal and save, and should be taken, but Katie, again, I am one to believe that life starts at the moment of conception. And I would like to see …

Couric: And so you don't believe in the morning-after pill?

Palin: ... I would like to see fewer and fewer abortions in this world. And again, I haven't spoken with anyone who disagrees with my position on that.

Couric: I'm sorry, I just want to ask you again. Do you not support or do you condone or condemn the morning-after pill.

Palin: Personally, and this isn't McCain-Palin policy …

Couric: No, that's OK, I'm just asking you.

Palin: But personally, I would not choose to participate in that kind of

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 2:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Does anyone know how long it takes for the sperm to fertilize an egg after sex? The shortest amount of time is 24 hours. So, taking the morning after pill is not an abortive method but a form of birth control.

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Palin: But personally, I would not choose to participate in that kind of contraception.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• ok point is???? alot of people choice not to use that kind ... even tho it is NOT AND ABORTION PILL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• She was VERY careful in what she said. I think this was the best interview she's done, LOL. This little bit, anyway.
    However... "I'm all for contraception," but she's not a fan of teaching about it.
    The morning after pill as abortion is ridiculous. Your body can NATURALLY shed an egg that's been fertilized, so if you consider the morning-after pill to be murder, then your body naturally murders babies too. Which would you prefer? A woman to be responsible and take the morning after pill to prevent the egg from sticking and cells from multiplying... or 10 weeks down the road, the woman getting an abortion?
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i think morning after pill is fine because its not a baby yet, but i think it would be a better decision to have used protection of some sort or not have sex with that person if you didnt want to have a baby with them. but i dont judge them for using it.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Kelso, usually people who use the morning after pill had a condom break, or were raped. Yes, there are people who try to use it in place of safe sex, but that's not the majority.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 3:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• What if someone were trying to be safe and the condom failed (came off, broke, whatever) would it still be considered wrong to take the morning after pill as a precaution? Would that person still be condemned by pro-lifers? ***NOT*** an actual situation, just playing devil's advocate.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 3:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i know and i completely understand but i think majority are people that were drunk or something or a one night stand.. i know of people that have done that. im not saying its wrong at all... because its not a baby yet,
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am extremely prolife to those who believe the morning after pill is abortion, if I just had sex and went to the bathroom to pee and the semen came out is that abortion?
    On wikipedia it says It takes sperm approximately 36 hours to fertilize the egg after the male ejaculates in the vagina. How is the morning after pill abortion? The egg is not fertalized and there is no heartbeat!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Is a question being asked here? I can read a transcript anywhere I want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2008