What do you notice when passing a home?

What good things do you notice that may not be too expensive to do?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I notice if the yard is clean and the grass is cut and edged around the sidewalks...trees trimmed. I like it when the lower branches are cut off so that the tree grows up and creates shade. I also like it when there are lights up in the trees so the branches glow. I also notice if the window coverings are tidy and if the windows are clean. I like the front door to be clean and painted nicely.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i always notice ppl's lawns..whether they grass is cut, lotsa weeds, if they have a pretty flower garden etc.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The landscaping captures my eye first. I guess everything else pales, if the grass isn't cut, edged and weeds pulled. Flowers and shrubbery also stand out.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The color of their trim, doors and shutters. I like red, navy, and dark purple best for some reason.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• front door color..path to the front door...are the plants sharp and pointed or round and inviting....is there a place to sit in front
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• nice clean cut lawn the flowers and the curtins
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• A nice green ,neat lawn and a few flowering bushes and a colorful and freshly painted facade. I wouldn't like a home with a weedy,unmowed lawn and peeling paint or damaged siding. It is important to have the exterior in great shape.If the exterior is a mess, you will assume the interior is yukky too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The yard- grass, plants, etc. Could I get a dog, can my child play in the yard, etc
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I notice the bushes blocking the view of the windows, makes it easy for people to break in. I notice if the toys are all over or nicely up by the house. I notice the colors of the house and the flowers and fall in love with any house that has window boxes with flowers flowing from them. I used to install gutters so I notice those as well, lol,
    I will also notice the fact that the curtains are open and I can see inside, I notice the playset,if the garage is open and whats inside. yeah it sounds like I'm a stalker but really I'm not.... I am just observant
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010