If you have siblings, what kind of sister were/are you? Do/did you get along?

I have a brother 3 1/2 years younger that I've never gotten along with. We've disliked each other our whole lives and he's cut out of my life now by my choice.
I also have a sister who's 17 1/2 years younger than me. We get along great, about as well as can be expected given our age difference. I like to think I'm a good sister to her.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I am the oldest of 4. I was the one who looked out for everyone. I am still VERY close to my sisters. I am not as close to my brother but hopefully that will change when he stops thinking of himself so much.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My sister and I are 13 months apart...Although we are very different in like Life Goals and such, I would say close.. We havent always gotten along, and normally we only get along when other people arent around(weird and I dont know why)
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a brother 2 years younger than me and me and him do NOT get along with each other. I don't like his wife either. I only speak to him when I see him which is maybe 1-2 times a month.
    I have another brother who is 4 years younger than me and we get along with each other ok. He is a great uncle to my kids so I treat him better.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My youngest sister and I didn't get along for the longest time but she really likes me and we have so much in common. That is really nice to have. My other sister was a bully and now kind of hides.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a sister 8 years older and a brother 9 years older, we never really worked well together, they are terrible people, my BIL hits my nephew and my sister tells him to man up and take what he deserves. I have called CPS on them, my brother hardly spends time with his son, and both of which have told my mother she doesnt actually have cancer she is just saying so to not have to work, which is preposterous considering she had chemo. I tried all my life just to make my family happy and now that I have my own family I have decided to focus on them and if I dont see my brother and sister again its okay, i only see them for the children that i love so much
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 1:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have 9 sisters and 3 brothers. Some of them are half sisters and brothers, some are step sisters and brothers, and only 2 of them have the same mom and dad. I am close to every one of my siblings. I will do just about anything for them. There are times when we argue, but it never lasts for very long. All of us thinks that family is the most important thing in life so we try to be there for each other at all times.
    mimioester

Answer by mimioester at 4:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• have a sister 3.5 years younger and w didnt really get along until we were both adults. Now we get along great. I also have a sister who is 6 years younger than me and we used to get along great, but drifted apart when she went away to college and started dating a guy no one likes.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a sister that is 9 1/2 years older we didn't get a long for the longest time but now we are best friends, I also have a brother that is 12 1/2 years younger we get a long but I still see him as a kid.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• The only sibling I ever lived with is my sister. She is 5 years my junior and until recently was not someone I could get along with. We have very similar thoughts about life & love NOW, but when we were growing up we were on two different mindsets... She bought in to my mothers brainwashing and so was the "good kid" who was neglected... I on the other hand gave up trying to make my mom happy at about 6 and decided to just please myself instead, which meant I was the "bad kid" who was abused & locked up... It's funny how we both ended on the same page - which BTW, was the page I was on all along!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I am the youngest of 3. My brother is 7 years older than me my sister is 6 years older than me. I didn't really get along with them growing up. We still are not very close, but get along much better. My brother is the more affectionate one, while my sister is sort of distant, at least towards me. I think she still doesn't like me.
    bigmama02071977

Answer by bigmama02071977 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010