How do you feel about the proposal of a Mosque being built near Ground Zero?

I know this is totally controversial and I'm probably going get hell for asking this, but I'm just curious about how others feel about it. I have mixed feelings about it to be honest.

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 12:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Slap in our face.. Ask most any Military, Fireman, anyone involved in the 9/11 Accident and they will tell you they disagree with it.. I watched an interview with the man who is building this 13 story building and he says he is trying to bring unity... GO TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY AND DO THAT! Where our churches would be destroyed.. There are a million places to build this thing, why there.. Because he wants unity, then tell our president to bring home troops!!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:15 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I just think there is a better place they COULD build it. It's almost like poking a dog with a stick. Again people just making things complicated. They had to know this would bother some people....rational or not those that lost loved ones are going to passionate about ANYTHING that goes in this site!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Alot of people are like "O it was ten years ago" But this woman in the interview says its everday!! Imagine losing your Husband your son your daughter, and now some guy thinks he has the right to come and build a mosque because he thinks he knows what peace is. Why not Donate that money to helping building the World Trade center or sending it over to our troops (the whole reason we are over there)))
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't have a problem~however if you follow the apparent money trail, there appear to be some questionable ties to those funding this center/mosque. Would need more concrete details, but the money trail seems odd...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If the pure motivation behind the man's desire to build were to bring peace, he would see that his choice of location was not bringing peace. It was bringing pain and grief. If his true desire is peace, he will find another location.

If he continues to insist on this location even though he sees that it is causing pain and grief, his true desire is not peace.Therefore his true desire is something else. What is that desire? And is that desire something that could be sinister to our security as a nation?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• OK nobody has said this yet so I will. They are REPLACING the one that was destroyed in the 9/11 ATTACKS!!!!! Nobody wants to remember this fact. You really think they're happy about having to do this? Why do you think it took 10 years. You know what I say? Funds. 10 Years to build up the money to REbuild. I think it would be a bigger slap in the face to the innocent Muslims that are being told they can not replace their house of worship that was destroyed by the same people who they are being told they are like. Really guys wake up and realize what you are doing here. Should Germans now still be blamed for the Holocaust? You say no, well why aren't they Germans? the same people who wiped out how many people? When will this stop against innocent people just because of their religion. By the way one BIG reason this country was founded was what?... Yeah religious freedom!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yeah I mean...its not like we arent STILL at war with Muslim extremists or anything...it was just an isolated event...... **sarcasm**

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Not all Muslims are bad. If they want to build it, why not? I think the objections to it are based on prejudice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLwxGOaNdg

We should be able to vote on this! I totally disagree with the idea let alone letting them do it
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010