World views?

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 2:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Gee, do you think she has ever seen Newsweek, Time, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, US News & World Report, USA Today? I guess she doesn't read these. Do you think she listens to the National Public Radio or the BBC for a broad perspective on today's world?

Oh, I just fell out of my chair, laughing at that idea!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 2:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Oh please.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008