How do you deal with a breakup?

My BF & I have been together 8 months & I know he loves me, but obviously not as much as I do him, hence why he actually quit talking to me lol I sort of suspect he's been talking to someone else, but I have absolutely no proof of it. He's been WAY distant and rude over the last week & then POOF...I haven't heard from him in 2 days so far (that's a looong time for us lol). Anyway, it really does hurt because I love him and it was really out of left field, but more then anything I have NO idea how to deal with it. I check my phone CONSTANTLY & I'm always tempted to text or email, but I have too much pride to say anything. This has been my 1st serious relationship since my XH 2 1/2 years ago & I'm still really bitter about it...I've avoided relationships to avoid heartache. How has anyone else dealt with a breakup of someone they really loved? I'd love the advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I would ask him and make sure after I would give myself time to think about it. If he is going to be silent or not talk to you you should ask him after you should take sometime for yourself and move on. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Been there. The last time it happened to me I was a wreck. I called him knowing it was over but I wanted to hear it from him. (stupid, cuz he was a big coward). So Im on the phone (he finally picked up) n I was already on my way to his house. Told him we needed to end this in person cuz this was BS. Went over and it ended nicely. Next day, I was furious! Who da f&@ did he think he was telling me good-bye n to take care of myself! (I know, I had a lot of hidden baggage cuz this had happened b4). So I asked him to come over cuz I had his stuff. And I told him off. It felt sooooo good. I said and u know u take care of yourself cuz a 30yo man who's never had a serious relationship needs all the help he can get! I'm so glad I told his ass off. 2 weeks later I met SO. Fin. ( morale: tell the f$&@ off)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• ugh thats stupid. poor you. if he matters i would prolly get mad at this point and tell the kid to be a man and tell you want the deal is.

of course i am telling you this but i myself am HORRIBLE with confrontation.

ee so good luck!!!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Lots of sad music and icecream. Embrace the feelings you have now, so you don't have any later when you're ready to move on. Good Luck~
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 1:25 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I focus on something else and once he can man up and see what he has lost he will regret what he did. For you , you need to put your mind on something else. Maybe go shopping and buy something nice and call some of the girls up and have a girls night out. That always makes me feel better. Just make sure if you meet some on the girls night out don't jump in full force just play alone for a few months. I have learned going from one relationship to another doesn't make things better what-so-ever. GL momma.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:41 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I focus on me. Too many girls lose themselves in a relationship. We set aside all the things we love to do and the relationship consumes us. So, I pamper myself, take long baths, do my nails, hair, all the stuff I love to do. Besides, happiness is the best revenge and if you do run into him you'll be happy and look amazing. Give yourself the space to decide if this is someone you want to be with. Don't settle or sell yourself short, being alone is better then being in poor company.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 7:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When I would find myself in situations like this, I would focus on living my life and not worrying so much about what he was doing. Focusing on your life and doing things that you like to do make things more tolerable and keep you moving forward rather than staying stuck in the past, checking your phone and adding this hurt to all the other hurts you've ever experienced in relationships. Some work out, some don't but in all cases you have to live your life. If you are unsure of where you stand and you are the kind of person who needs to know what is going on...ask. But be prepared to hear something that might disappoint you. The reality is you are the only person you need. Every relationship that you enter into should enhance your life. If it doesn't, it's not worth your precious time. : )
    Miss2fied

Answer by Miss2fied at 10:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010