Does Your Husband Ever Fake Incompetence?

or is it just my husband?
if i ask him to wash clothes, he'll act like he does not understand how to run the washer.
if i ask him to cut up veggies with me in the kitchen, he acts like he does not know which part of the veggie you keep or throw away.
i mean, i could go on and on with the stupid examples! grrrr!
then when i get frustrated, i tell him that's o.k. and he is quick to go get in front of the t.v....leaving me to do whatever chore!
Grrr.....
Faked his incompetence so he wouldn't have to do anything.

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 12:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine used to lol, until I called him out on it asking how you can be so stupid not to know how to load a dish washer lol. Found out that the reason he didn't like helping is because I would come in and "fix" it how I wanted it...I don't do that anymore
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That's genius. I'm going to start doing this:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• What if it's not faked? LOL Men often are severly clueless.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my hubby is totally opposite. he is wonderful. he does everything that i do around the house and cooking. he is very good at it too. i got very lucky. he is actually a bit cleaner than i am when it comes to the house. we have a toddler come on. lol
    allykins165

Answer by allykins165 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wow mine just says he is not going to do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, most of the time he really doesn't know. He'll be trying to help in the kitchen and I have to push him out so he doesn't destroy it. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't do it and doesn't bother trying to pretend he can't do it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yeah. Mine's foreign, so that happens a lot. I'm just not too sure if he really don't understand or if he's faking though. Who knows.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Lol! My dh does that! He will repeat things incorrectly when I ask him to if he can do something. Most of the time I just do things myself. He really hates to do anything in the house but sit on the couch!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2010