i think im going to rest and see what happens

i had false labor a few times and don't want to head to the hospital for nothing but i have this cramping in my back and pain shooting to the front i am timing them i just dont want to get sent home again ill be 40 weeks Monday

does it sound like i can be in labor or is it again false i hope its the real thing im ready for the baby to be out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was always told to wait until the pains are 5 minutes apart. Then go in. I would use the timing and pain tolerance to know when to go in. I waited with my second until the pains were 7 to 9 minutes apart irregular and the pain was pretty bad. When I made it to the hospital, I was 8 centimeters dilated. I guess I was having intermediate contractions I wasn't feeling. Good luck with the new baby and Congrats!
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Either way you probably don't need to rush into the hospital (unless it's a long drive)... just time them and wait it out at home until they get really close together or you're just too uncomfortable to wait it out any longer, I was in labor for almost 24 hours before I went in.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I'd rest~you will know soon~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• have you counted how long the pains are apart from one another? If they are, they should be getting stronger and closer together. Count them for about an hour and you should have your answer :) GL momma and congrats!
    marriedmomto5

Answer by marriedmomto5 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They should have told you how to know when to come back.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:09 AM on Jul. 15, 2010