What do you think about the age similarities between McCain and Biden?

Last one.. lol. I can't fall sleep...
Her trademark feistiness is on display as she delivers a punchy sound bite about her rival, Joe Biden.

"I'm looking forward to meeting him, too. I've never met him before. But I've been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in, like, second grade," she said at a campaign rally.
Couric: You have a 72-year-old running mate - is that kind of a risky thing to say, insinuating that Joe Biden's been around a while?

Palin: Oh no, it's nothing negative at all. He's got a lot of experience and just stating the fact there, that we've been hearing his speeches for all these years. So he's got a tremendous amount of experience and, you know, I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas and he's got the experience.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 2:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Punchy sound bite?
    Biden is 66. McCain is 72. Not much of a difference, but it's stupid to tease Biden on age when McCain is older. But more importantly, Biden is obviously in MUCH better health than Senator McCain.

The part that bothers me the most is the last part. "I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas..." righto. She sure bought into her OWN stereotype.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i dont think what she said seemed rude at all, i realized what point she was making.. he has alot of experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• There may only be 6 years difference in their age but health wise there's about 20. Besides Biden could step up to the plate if something would happen to Obama. Sarah wouldn't even be able to find the plate... check your kitchen cupboard Sarah....lol
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• What's the question??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Health wise there's 20 yrs?? Biden's countless brain problems? That means nothing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If I were the inventor of flip-flops I would sue Palin for that little soundbite. "he's too old" "no, wait, I meant he's got fantastic experience!"
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• lol bluecrayon.. I think after she said it and katie reminded her the age of her running mate.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• she realize the stupid factor had set in once again... my answer got cut off...
    ny.chica

• I'm not concerned about Biden's age because:
    If something happened to Obama, Biden would take the presidency.
    Then, if something happened to Biden, Sarah Palin would NOT be next in line!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 2:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yarnjunkie: my thoughts exactly!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008