I have the Mirena IUD, any ideas what I'm feeling?

I have had my Mirena over two years now. Within the last couple weeks I have noticed that if I try to sleep on my stomach its uncomfortable, last week was increased discharge with some pink spots, increased feeling almost pain during sex, those weird fluttery kick feelings late at night, extreme miserable discomfort and fullness after meals looking like Im 4 months prego, frequent headaches and a few lightheaded spells, INCREASED gas and belching, heartburn, fatigue.... I know pregnancy with the Mirena is nearly impossible but there is always a chance of an ectopic or abdominal pregnancy. Could it all just be a bad case of babyitis and wishful thinking or a dangerous case of 1 in 500,000? Any thoughts?

dd_wam

Asked by dd_wam at 1:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• You could be pregnant. You should get it checked out.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I developed a bad infection from the IUD. I would definitely get it checked out ASAP.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had all those issues with the Mirena, and I had it in for four years. I finally got it taken out and all the problems went away - the insane bloating, the hormonal symptoms, etc. I think there is actually a push to start a class-action lawsuit because so many women have had similar problems.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010