Bargain soap?

The laundry soap I like to buy all the time is Tide or Arm & Hammer. However, funds are tight this month. So Im curious what kind of soap do you use that is inexpensive and works well (Target is so damn high) Thanks a bunch :)

oliveoyl214

Asked by oliveoyl214 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• I like Wisk. I bought it at Big Lots for 5.00.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• you could make your own detergent. A lady at my work gave me a recipe... i dont have it anymore :/ but she said it only costs like 10 dollars and lasts a LONG time... ill see if i can find the recipe
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Here is a site of homemade detergent recipes.

its makes 2 gallons... you can double it or triple it or make as many gallons as you like..

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• look at your kmart ad and it usaully has decent weekly sales on laundry soap..
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• 1 bar of laundry soap (zote, kirk's castile, fels-naptha, octagon, etc)
    1/2 c. washing soda
    1/4 c. borax
    Grate bar of soap and melt in 4 cups of water over med heat, stirring till completely melted. Stir borax and washing soda into hot water in 5-gal bucket. Add melted soap and stir. Fill bucket with hot water and stir. Lid and let gel 24 hrs. To use, fill container (like old liquid detergent container) 1/2 full w/ detergent and fill rest w/ water. Shake to mix. Use 5/8 c in top loader, 1/4 c in front loader. Makes 10 gal of detergent. This lasts my one friend 3-4 months, doing 2 loads of laundry a day with 4 kids. The washing soda is Arm & Hammer super washing soda, not washing powder and not baking soda.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Thank you all so much for the great ideas...I really appreciate it :)
    oliveoyl214

Comment by oliveoyl214 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010