Is this a bit weird? (Updated...again.)

Situation: Your husbands female cousin continuously comments about 'how handsome he is' and 'how did you have such a handsome son' (<---to his mom) and 'Don't ever let anyone tell you you're not handsome' (<---after you, his wife, commented to her about how he didn't need a bigger ego.)

Now think about this: Do your male cousins do this ladies? Mine don't.

No, they are not close. They haven't seen each other since they were kids. She lives across the country while he's on the other side.
Yes, they are blood related cousins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• that does sound odd have you tried talking to her or to your hubby about it see how he feels about it, they might not live close or anything but if they were like really close when they were little or depending on the way his family is. i know like in my hubbies fam everyone is so close and everything its wierd in my fam were not as close like my cousins and i talk but only when we see each other and not like all close about it but in hubbies fam they do they hug and everything yeah their wierd
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Some women just like attention, regardless. They will always want to be the center of it. I would just play it off. That's a little weird though.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• To some women being related doesn't stop them flirting. Is she currently looking for a man? If she lives across country I wouldn't worry too much tho.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 3:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• um eww i would be like lady that is ur cousin lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That is weird. She sounds to me like the kind of person who likes attention and knows how to get it from a man...even if he's married, and a blood relative! (especially if your DH is the only man around when she's doing that)
    If she's going home soon, then I'd say don't worry about it and soon she'll be far away. But if this is ongoing and makes you uncomfortable, you could say something that makes her realize how weird she's being (like pp said "ewww, he's your cousin!") or if DH is uncomfortable about it, he could make a habit of walking out of the room when she says things like that, then maybe she'll get the hint.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 11:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010