Sleep walking?

I put my DD in her crib to sleep every night, she wakesup and then she's in our bed. She's 14 months old. Some nights DH gets her. Other night we both sleep through it. I'm pretty sure on those nights I sleep walk in toget her. I have no memory of it though and last night I would have had to walk over a babygate twice! One time I also found DD's blanket in the office next to my computer chair. I guess I checked facebook?

I have never sleep walked before having kids.... Has the constant night wakings with DD driven me mad?

Flippindadaisie

Asked by Flippindadaisie at 1:50 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Health

• no, sleepwalking is not a sign of insanity. it's usually caused by stress or poor sleep habits. whenever my boyfriends is really stressed from work (he works graveyard shifts so his sleep pattern is bad too) he'll sleep walk. he's made hotdogs, drawn a bath, gone outside into the parking lot, and on mild nights he'll just fall asleep in one place and wake up in another place in the house. it's funny to watch but anyway i think that if you are sleepwalking it's because you are stressed or baby has messed up your sleep patterns.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I agree with aliishott2.
    On a side note: You sleepwalkers creep me out:) I don't understand how people just start walking around doing things not having a clue as to what's going on! I'm guilty of it too, but it still scares me...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• it's a mess up in the brain where the body doesn't paralyze itself during REM so you act out your dreams. normally when you are in rem and dreaming your body is paralyzed so you won't act out the dreams but sleep habits and stress can mess that up so you end up acting out your dreams
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010