Do you think cafemom should come up with a way to change your screen name anytime you want without having to erase your ENTIRE profile?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yeah, I want to change mine. I haven't tried to change it yet, so I didn't know you couldn't. Its kind of annoying if you can't. A lot of people's screen names have to do with their child or children, so when they have more kids, they want to include the new baby. That's the boat I am in. 720 was my due date with my first, but I am pregnant with my second now. I wish I could update my sn now.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You can't you would have to make a new profile. It's lame which means you lose all information.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes. I am still Lucas mama, but I am also Ryan's mama too now. So I want to change my name. But when I tried to delete my profile and add a new one it said my email was already registered to a name. (this one) so Not only would I have to change my name.. But my email too. Then my Facebook.. And myspace.. and doctor office updates.. all that stuff. No thanks but I would love to change my name.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No, the reason being it invites more trouble.

When picking names you need to be wise about it especially if you want to keep it for a long time. The nick I have I have used for years in other places and its easier to remember and I never have to change a profile at all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I suppose people would be rude and then change their screennames multiple times.

I would like to change mine too, but there is no way I'm going to jump through the hoops to get to level 16 again! I knew I should've changed it before the new rules took place. Oh well...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:34 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I visit another website similar to this one that is for moms and they allow sn changes but it also lists all of your old sn's in your profile and I think that helps to keep people from changing it too many times. That would be nice if they did something like that here.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• how would it cause problems?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• no. it should be up to each person to decide.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Wat ymadaris2? i dont understand which side are you on ?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• No
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 3:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2010